Sunday 2 June 2013

The Red Boat

It's beautiful and it stands out with pride, it makes you look its way and made me smile. The Red Boat. If I jumped on board, and made myself comfortable, made a sandwich or two to pass the time, how long would it be before the owner returned and sailed me away to the far side of wherever? If you owned a beautiful red boat like this, would you not want to be near it, come down and play on your beautiful red boat every day? A tad too small to live on and then again maybe not. A year long journey around the world. All the wonders to see along the way, and between ports, all the colours of an ocean life, and then an attempt to name all those colours seen, the darker ones, the lighter ones, the changing ones, the greys or greens, white blues and blacks witnessed. The colours in the water, the colours in the sky, the way the red of the boat appeared different in the changing light of day and night time. Each day the list would grow as my imagination stretched further and my need to categorize became an obsession. An interesting read when I finally returned home, simply and wonderfully interesting.

SUGARBEE XX   03/05/13

No comments:

Post a Comment