Sunday 28 October 2012

Double Double Leaf Leaf


Maybe you have seen a single fruit as a double. Maybe you know the correct name for this phenomenon. I have seen it plenty in fruit; I have no idea of the proper name.  Siamese Banana Syndrome?  That aside, have you ever seen a leaf with the same affliction? I suspect it's as rare as a four leaf clover. The one pictured here was found on the ground looking sad and forlorn, alone on concrete, separated from the rest of its tree.  It is now in a book, sitting safely between the pages, waiting patiently for me to take it out and view it adoringly, maybe I will laminate it, and maybe it will become the pride of a new bookmark, maybe a present for my Mother? At least that was my original intention.

SUGARBEE XX   28/10/12

No comments:

Post a Comment