Tuesday 30 October 2012

The Grey Invitation

This is gravel, usually it's just stuff we walk or drive on, we might find it on the driveway, on a road etc, not very exciting.  Aside from those who work with gravel, who really thinks of it in anyway?  And that is why I took this photo, because I wanted to see gravel in a different light, simple really.
What I caught on my camera made me smile, I feel drawn into the picture ready to tell fairytales about the land of grey matter and the creatures who hide in the cracks. I am taken to the sea shore or the Scottish highlands. I feel the cold wind and the approaching nightfall. I am ready to run a mile in escape from the wild dogs that chase me. I am ready to explore, trip, graze my knees, cry out for Mother to come rescue me. It is all there in the details.  What can you see?

SUGARBEE XX   30/10/12

No comments:

Post a Comment