Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Clown Time Forgot

What a thing to come across. Okay so it’s Halloween, allow that to give relevance to the situation if you wish. I however was completely delighted at the view to ignore that imported holiday fact.  9.30 on a warm summer night, the end of a beautiful day, the suburban streets now deserted (all the children home and likely running wild on sugar highs) and here she is, patiently waiting for a friend, a ride home.  I felt like I had just entered the set of Waiting for Godot, eerie with sad tinge made sweet by the girl’s temperament, more than willing to be photographed, obliging pose requests. I wish the world were full of people like her, shame on me I never asked her name, and just took her photo instead.

SUGARBEE XX   01/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment