Saturday 15 June 2013

Big Black Bird Is Watching You

Big Black Bird is watching you. Meet Mr. Crow, a large bird with a big beak and a swoop that will scare the pants off you if the swoop is just a fraction to close as it flies by. I love crows; actually I love all birds, regardless of the size. I love tiny birds like the Pygmy Parrot of the Papua Islands as seen here: http://www.birdsofafeather.ca/about-bird-species and what a nice link because it also has shown me other outstanding birds, like the tallest flying bird, a crane of over 6 foot in height. And the Kiwi who hunts at night with a sense of smell having nostrils at the end of its beak. All this bird talk has got me thinking of my nephew Jacob and his love of animals. I took him to the beach one day a long way from home and we sat and watched birds all afternoon. It was a long slow afternoon that taught me a lot about the way people perceive time and how out of balance it is with nature, but also on that day we had a special moment when a growing flock of birds gathered and all at once, they lifted of as one not far from the spot we were standing. Special moments in time I shall always hold dear. I am very proud of my nephew too, I know he will succeed in life and that makes me smile. And Jacob if you read this blog post, know the crow is watching over you and keeping your safe :) x

SUGARBEE XX   15/06/13

No comments:

Post a Comment