Tuesday 11 June 2013

The View From Up The Road

The view up the hill from the corner of my street. And it that doesn't give you a sense of wide open space in a big city, then I'm not sure what might. I see this view every walk home from the tram or the local shop, with or without the dog by my side, sniffing everything and enjoying life. Dear little Gir, I should blog about her one day soon. In the above image there are two tall beams, these are part of the West Gate Bridge, connecting the west of Melbourne with the rest of Melbourne, a very handy structure indeed. There are also plenty of trees in my neighbourhood, which I particularly like, tall and old also. And being the start of winter now, all the leaves have fallen, creating big long piles of leaves along the streets. In these piles of leaves, I kick my feet up and kick the leaves around as I walk through them to wherever I am going at the time. It's funny how I how I do that, as I also like to walk on small rises, in very straight lines, along painted lines at the crossing etc, a hangover from my childhood, when Poppa would walk me home from school and patiently walk with me while age 6 or so, I climbed up and walked on any ridge or fence or wall I could. Funny I remember doing this all the time, childhood memories are a special thing, for possibly I walked on walls with Poppa a couple of times, but it feels like for ever and that I am happy to live with. 

SUGARBEE XX   11/06/13

No comments:

Post a Comment