Friday 14 June 2013

The Garden Up Close

Foliage, decorating parts of the world all over, in a variety of ways. Large patches, seemingly whole fields and tiny walls along the way. And if you are interested in foliage, go to this link to learn all about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foilage. What took my breath away was the way the light falls on the subject matter here in the photo, giving a 3D sense about things. It looks alive to me, as if I could just dive deep down underneath and find a whole other world hiding out and doing it's thing. Maybe perspective in the photo goes a long way to give that effect. And I wonder what it would be like to return to this place and take another photo of the same foliage, but on a larger scale, then get the photo printed the size of a wall in my lounge. There would be nothing sitting in front of the wall of foliage, and maybe nothing in the room at all except a large comfortable couch and a very small table to rest a drink upon, while I sat and starred at the wall and got lost in my imagination. The wonderful thing is that I could in the very least print a colour print of the foliage about a metre wide and 2 metres long, bring it home and stick it to a wall in my house easily enough. But then if I was going to go to that much trouble, I would want a fantastic finish and the poster might well end up being very expensive. Hmmm decisions, decisions, and in the mean time I shall sit here a while longer and just spent a little more time looking at my photo of foliage and dreaming.

SUGARBEE XX   14/06/13

No comments:

Post a Comment