Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Church On The Hill Top

Here is the local church in my neighbourhood. I took this photo at night from across the road in a pub we had had a few drinks at, on the rare occasion that I do actually drink. I love the lighting, the effect against the dark night sky as the yellow street lights leave their mark and help to create the whole gothic feeling. This church sits on hill ridge, which adds to the impression, you find yourself look up at it from most angles. Having a structure such as this in your backyard is excellent, because it looks incredible, adds so much to the visual landscape, provides a place of serenity if you wish to go inside, and when they hold a wedding or school fete, the excitement seeps through the whole neighbourhood. And wouldn't that make an incredible cake too, a black forest cake. I've never been inside, I imagine it feels enormous inside. Maybe I will pop in and rest a while next time I walk past. And one detail that I've noticed before but just really noticed is the door in the middle of this side view of the church, it is lemon yellow, sweet and inviting and I guess that is what made me think of how wonderful a cake it would be.

SUGARBEE XX   05/06/13

No comments:

Post a Comment