Thursday 13 June 2013

Lincoln Keeps Working On Through The Night

So much I don't know about this tower of brick. When was the brick tower built or is it a chimney? I know someone called it Lincoln, but who is Lincoln or what is Lincoln and what on earth do they represent? Another side track makes me think that we have Thomas the Tank Engine in books and on tv for children, why not Lincoln the Brick Furnace? And what would Lincoln the Brick Furnace do in these childhood stories? Teach about old technology; show us lessons from history, or power up the rest of the industry in these books? Back to Lincoln in the photo, is it still in use? And doesn't it still looks clean which is interesting when you consider all that has been burnt inside the structure over time. It tells me things I never pondered on about the properties of brick. I like the red brick they used, and that makes me think about the history of brick and I realize that I assume all brick used to be red, no longer the case, but on that note, let's see what Wikipedia has to say about brick. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick Quite a useful page really, I now know the oldest bricks in the world date back to 7500 BC in the Middle East and that the colour of various bricks is due to the makeup and high content of iron in pink bricks and lime in yellow bricks. I live in a red brick house at the moment, and a number of months ago I lived in a yellow brick house and now I understand a little more about that. Life is good; just keep learning where you can.

SUGARBEE XX   13/06/13

No comments:

Post a Comment