Tuesday 25 June 2013

Flinders Street 14

The train is ready to leave on platform 14, please stand back behind the yellow lines, that will do nicely thank-you people. But you see the thing is until I had to catch a train from platform 14, I had no idea that it existed. This has a lot to do with the fact that it is under the main concourse of Flinders Street Station and the trains using platform 14 are not trains that I usually catch. And it would be a stretch of my memory to recall which train I caught from platform 14 and where I went on that train. Logic encourages me to think it was a south-eastern travelling train, and one within the metro serviced area, as opposed to a country train or a V-Line as they are known. So from that I can conclude a day trip was taken and from that I can conclude I am likely to have a photo or two from the day because very really do I not take photos of somewhere or something or someone. But again likely a dead end for I am also not likely to see a photo from this day and link it to Platform 14, although I might and that is what you call a long shot. When a long shot comes off, it is a very nice and satisfying feeling, so it may be worth following a long shot and see what comes of it. Of course it may be easier to toddle down to Flinders Street Station tomorrow or the next day and ask at the help desk "Excuse me, can you please tell me which trains leave from platform 14?" And you know what? I could then come home, find a photo relative to the location and bring up a whole set of memories from the day I went somewhere with someone to do something.

SUGARBEE XX   25/06/13

No comments:

Post a Comment