Monday 17 June 2013

The Slip Of Concentration Leads To Childhood Memories

It was a long time ago now that I took this photo in a place that has seen many changes in design over the last 20 years. Taken outside the Downtown Shopping Centre in central Auckland, at least 10 years ago, hence the quality of the photo, snapped on a phone camera. Yet I think the fuzzy look to this photo adds to the atmosphere of the setting, dousing it in a surreal feel, almost as if you are peeking at a scene in another dimension. Something that they might use on an original Doctor Who TV show. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/ where I learn that I meant the series with the fourth doctor and that Doctor Who started in 1963, a fair while before I was born. That is like finding out the brand of peanut butter you love the most and always thought was a local product has been a star on supermarket shelves around the world for years before you ever got to taste it. Nevermind, I might have to find time to watch one or two original episodes of Doctor Who just to correct my impressions of the show. Personally it did scare me a little as a child. And on that note while I digress away from the child with pigeons, I am reminded of Count Homogenized, a TV show for kids in NZ, short lived but which definitely sowed seeds in my childhood mind. www.nzonscreen.com/title/it-is-i-count-homogenized-1982. My mind wanders tonight; I shall sign off now and make a nice cup of tea with a sweet chocolate biscuit before I retire for the day, something to relax with before I welcome the dreams.

SUGARBEE XX   17/06/13

No comments:

Post a Comment