Thursday 28 February 2013

A Darling Milk-Bar

The corner milk bar, a wonderful place full of friendly smiles and convenience. Personality plus! I particularly like this local one for the chairs outside, it makes me think the beach is right over the road and all that summer sunshine fun is with us. In Australia, it is the milk bar, in New Zealand it is the diary and if you say the other one in either country, no one is going to understand you. Well that said, I have this suspicion that when my Mum was little, it used to be the milk bar, (I grew up in NZ) so I will have to ask her about that. In fact that may lead to a fascinating conversation about language, its history and other various words specific to certain places. Ted.com has a great talk on how language affects our outlook in life http://www.ted.com/talks/keith_chen_could_your_language_affect_your_ability_to_save_money.html it gave me reason to think about language in a way I never have before. The world is full of interesting information. And there is nothing like running down to the local milk bar to some lollies and then for me coming home to eat them while watch the many talks of Ted.com.

SUGARBEE XX   01/03/13

No comments:

Post a Comment