Saturday 16 February 2013

My Last Prawn Did Taste Mighty Fine

Okay, I'm in a flux now because this is one wonderful pizza, a small for only $8, jam packed with all the goodies, it is covered in prawns. Firstly lets praise the pizza, made fresh at Luigi Boys pizzeria about 2 mins from my house, best value pizza I think I have ever come across and served with a big dose of friendly service. All their pizzas are quality, all taste like perfection and all finish off with a feeling of satisfaction. If you are in the area, then be sure to pop into Luigi Boyz at 474A Murray Road, Preston, Melbourne. Now here is the reason I am in a flux, if you know anything about what is going on in the world's oceans, the eating prawn is definitely not a great idea, you only need to look at what has happened in Bangladesh for a quick reality bite. And unfortunately the reality of what we have done to the oceans is so intense, that mentioning it here is appropriate. No longer is it inappropriate to mention the state of the world anywhere, at anytime, we can all do something about it, we can all help and we should all be talking about it. Ours is a beautiful place, so let's work to make it even better. A great place to start is by watching this Ted talk: http://www.ted.com/talks/jeremy_jackson.html then talk about it, reconsider your buying power, definitely and completely say no to shark fin anything and workout the origin of where your next meal of Tuna is from. It is not only appropriate to talk about the state of the environment, it is also very important for you, your children, your grand children. I have had my last prawn; I'm off to find a sustainable alternative :)

SUGARBEE XX   17/02/13

No comments:

Post a Comment