Thursday 28 February 2013

A Row Of Bikes

To be quite honest I had never seen a store with such a tight and tidy display of bikes. I'm also not so sure I would be rushing into buy a bike from here. You might get a great deal, but then there is this whole idea that you are just buying one off the rack, and one has to ask where is the love in that? Okay there is an upside, visually it looks impressive, and reminds me of mathematics, mass, alignment, angles all sold in a mechanical package, so if I want to, there is plenty to learn here. But when I visit a bike shop I like to see the bikes close up, feel their weight, dream about test riding the one that catches my eye. I don't want to miss out on the beauty hidden in the masses. And this all comes from an obsession with riding, a lifelong passion since the beginning when I took my first solo ride down our street, believing Dad was behind me, holding on to the bike. But he wasn't, he had let go and I was free riding myself into a bike riding history. I vividly remember that day and I guess I wish everyone who ever rides gets to experience that passion for cycling, especially when purchasing a new bike, for it is indeed a joyous and exciting moment in time.

SUGARBEE XX   28/02/13

No comments:

Post a Comment