Tuesday 26 February 2013

Fixing Things For Everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTfwcLdP5Xk&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BrmELmV5vmHizoUMUbPTSo And I figure you know which song I have lined up for your listening joy while you read. (The first of 100 tracks in the link is related to this post, and the rest is a beautiful bonus find so happy listening.) I love industry, I love seeing trade people go about their jobs, busy in their work, figuring things out bit by bit, correcting, creating, building, dilating, fixing, changing, cutting and managing. These men up high in their little bucket are working on either phone or power lines, and it's dangerous work, but they are dressed in their safety orange overalls so with additional attention to detail, I figure all will be alright. There is so much we take for granted, understanding and expecting things to be in perfect working order all the time. Too many of us get upset if things aren't working, even cursing a little but not enough of us say a  friendly "thanks for fixing things for us" to the workers who put their lives on the line every day. I'm not so sure I would be a perfect lineman. I would be all ohhh no, I'm scared and then there would be no power for anyone, but that's okay, I'm great at lots of other things.

SUGARBEE XX   26/02/13

No comments:

Post a Comment