Saturday 2 February 2013

My Magnificent Winterbird

Is this not a magnificent creature? I call him My Winterbird, and a beauty he certainly is. Resting after a long day doing whatever winter birds do, I guess. I’m hoping that home isn’t far away for this photo was taken at approximately 4.30pm and if birds retire as early as they rise, then My Winterbird needs to be making tracks home. However I’m also sure as sure can be he knew just what was what and that all was well in his world.  Looking from the outside view, I love the colours in this photo, the feathers matching the bridge railing to almost but not quite the same shade of cold. And I love the way My Winterbird has puffed and arranged his feathers each playing a vital part in his survival so he looks content and warm, but still perhaps because I felt the cold so much that day, he looks a little like being warm takes all the energy he had managed to gather. I can never know his full story, I have other places to be, things to see that occupy my time, but I can certainly appreciate the vision he shows when I am lucky enough to be in his presence.

SUGARBEE XX   02/01/13

No comments:

Post a Comment