Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Emu Ran Away


Meet Jessica, she is a street artist with quite a talent. Working in an Aboriginal style of art, she creates pieces that as far as I have witnessed all contain animals. As I am writing this, I am aware how little I know about her art. Does each painting tell a story? How much of an individual style does she use or is she painting in a style particular to one place in Australia? Do the colours signify anything? I would like to know the history of art in Australia, does anyone know, has anyone studied its origins? Are these important? I guess so, history is important the world over, but it's funny that I even think about these things, usually I choose not to see reference in art, preferring to interpret what is on display for myself. Why has Jessica's art had this affect on me? I would love to see Jessica paint large and enormous pieces, like the Emu or the Fish shown here, the Emu having caught my eye as I walked past. It illustrates life, there is movement in the paint, and Jessica pours her whole heart into each piece. Sadly she is not represented by a gallery, sadly I say for I think she has talent. If anyone reading this blog can help out with a contact to a gallery, let me know. Otherwise you can find her around the streets of Melbourne's CBD quietly working away while selling her small canvases for only $25 each. Thank-You Jessica, you made my day with your Emu :)

SUGARBEE XX   12/02/13

No comments:

Post a Comment