Tuesday 19 February 2013

I See A Ship In The Harbour


I see a ship in the harbour, not only is this a line from a favourite song of mine, it is a reality. Here you go, set the mood and play while you read, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftJZomwDhxQ Aside from the fact I seem to be full of rhyme and rhythm today, I swear I have a spring in my step larger than life, I want to reminisce about a ship in harbour I had the fortune of seeing a little while ago. To be point specific, I was standing in the area I call the first round bit of Battery Rd post Nelson Place, Williamstown, Melbourne and if you get a chance, it is a nice place to be for a moment in time. Here you are, likely just having left the quaint and village like Williamstown and now standing on what feels like the edge of the world. Suddenly the mighty ocean is stretched out before you, stealing your breath in its magnificence and then you look up to see the tiniest detail of a ship making its way to the port. The sun may be shining or the clouds playing songs for the rain to dance to, either way, it is likely to be a bit blowy, yet this only adds to the atmosphere. The sea is a very special place to be. Here you breathe life, big lungfuls of beautiful life. Stick around for a while, you might see ships leaving for faraway places, and with that view get carried away on a fantasy to anywhere your mind will carry you. But before I go, let me let you in on the night view, eerie and dark, look to the right or straight ahead and you might catch a view of a cruise ship, all lights on, like a magical little Christmas decoration sailing away from the world in joy, and then look to the left and you will see Melbourne City and surrounding bay area's showing off their own light display leaving you with a flavour of excitement just like a new mint lolly in your mouth.

SUGARBEE XX   20/02/13

No comments:

Post a Comment