Saturday 20 April 2013

A Subsoma Like No Other

She called it a Subsoma and it may have been one of the nicest meals I have had the pleasure to eat. Essentially there is nothing spectacular about this particular meal, it was warm and tasty and filling, but what made it very special was the timing. I had not eaten all day and I did this to grip an understanding of what it really is like to be hungry, no food accessible, your energy dropping away. I lasted a day, ate before bed, and I can tell you it is not very pleasant at all, I can tell you it leaves you feeling weak and light headed. I can tell you I did this because I am upset when I see homeless and hungry people around me. I am ever grateful that I am not in this position. There is a concept growing around the world, started in Naples I believe, called Suspended Coffee. When you buy a coffee at a cafe that supports Suspended Coffee, you can pay for coffee for the next person in need who can't afford a coffee, but now has the chance to have one, without begging. It is a small and wonderful way to return dignity to those who have through circumstance found themselves on the tough side of life. http://www.facebook.com/SuspendedCoffeess. Check it out, it's a wonderful idea and you can do suspended food as well.

SUGARBEE XX   19/04/13

No comments:

Post a Comment