Monday 22 April 2013

It Was A Lucky Day

Another perfect stranger as so many of the people I meet are, this one wearing a fantastic denim cap. It says Lucky travel, and made me feel as it the rest of the day would be filled with excellence and wonderful things to boot. And as I looked at the cap as I focused the camera and shot the photo I was whisked away on the Trans Siberian Railway, seeing things I have always wanted to see, my mind being opened a multitude more than it already is, a chance meeting a million times over, a photo album on the way home too heavy to carry any further and stories to tell 40 generations to follow. This is my imagination in full swing, for each moment is filled with colours, sounds, smells, landscapes and laughter. And one day I shall go, one day in the distance future, but perhaps I should start a little closer to home and ride the Ghan across the mighty Outback of Australia, where there are one million shades of red to learn, and big old bouncing kangaroos, and crocodiles if we pass by any waterways. Let's see what the future holds, but rest assured if I do ride either of those incredible railways, I shall be sure to share the glory I see with you.

SUGARBEE XX   22/04/13

No comments:

Post a Comment