Tuesday 9 April 2013

A Thing Of Beauty

Walking home one fine day, I see the most intense wasp I have ever seen, struggling upside down on the footpath. My response as always is to get down on to its level and flip my friend over, then encourage him onto my hand where I transport him slowly to the nearest vegetation, gently laying him down to sweet salvation. This is also away from impending danger of a heavy foot, or pushchair wheels which do terrible things without intention to a bug in their pathway. Sad really how unaware the human race is, how we just don't often see the smaller than us things. And why is this? Why do we not notice? Why are we in such a hurry to get on on way to whatever and miss all this cool stuff along the way? Sometimes I feel like the Red Cross for Insects International, a one man band rescuing at all costs things smaller than me in trouble in my pathway. And it is possible if you want to join me. I ride at night in winter, my bike sometimes on a footpath covered in snails and I make my way through this snail obstacle course with a 100% non-hit rate everytime. It's a skill and I wear my record with pride. Stand up for the little ones, stand up and I thank you all the way.

SUGARBEE XX   10/04/13

No comments:

Post a Comment