Tuesday 30 April 2013

Autumn Fruit

Fruit in trees hangs all over the city I live in, and I have mentioned this before, but then look at all those pears, free for the taking. Fruit in autumn, they tend to be on the small side, a couple of mouthfuls and you are done. Organic, they are left to grow as nature intended and the bizarre thing is no one picks up the fruit, not a single soul have I ever seen eat this offering from God. Except me, I have and not just once. It is sweet, it is delicious, it is healthy and it is all good. Maybe because I am not in a car 24-7, maybe because I walk and ride everywhere that I notice the fallen fruit, maybe I know the value of free organic food. And all I can think of when I stand under the tree is "I wish I had a ladder, to climb my autumn tree, to take the fruit on offer, to little lovely me!" Please if you do start to take the fruit from trees like this, know how to select a piece of fruit ready to be picked, gently pull/twist. If the fruit does not easily come into your hand it is not ready and the test pull/twist should have been gentle enough not to damage the tree in any way. Otherwise that would be like having a haircut with very blunt scissors, not nice, not nice at all :( Love trees, Love nature, and Love life.

SUGARBEE XX   30/04/13

No comments:

Post a Comment