Wednesday 1 May 2013

Noodles For Dinner?

Mum, can we have noodles for dinner please please please? Because I know of a shop that sells nothing but noodles. Lots of noodles, many flavours, many brands, and not much else. Cheap cheap at $2 a pop. Hmmm interesting, and I wonder what percentage of the world eats noodles every meal. I love flat rice noodles if I eat at Thai restaurants, but opt for rice in a Japanese restaurant. Do I have a favourite food from around the world, well no I don't and I don't because I try to find value in most things. I mean everywhere is good in its own way and maybe that is a delicious and naive view of the world, but it's a view I intent to stay faithful to forever. I caught a bus across the Australian outback once, half the passengers were bored, but the rest of us were fascinated by the seemingly endless shades of red in front of us. And I guess it is the same fascination in life that captivates my attention when I see one shop selling only seemingly endless varieties of noodle. I find this intriguing, interesting, fascinating, amusing, entertaining, exciting, captivating, and ever so slightly delusional. Because in the end if you are lucky enough to have all the basics covered the rest of life is just attitude, otherwise termed point of view, and if seasoned with positivity and toasted with gratitude, then everything tends to be A-OK.

SUGARBEE XX   01/05/13

No comments:

Post a Comment