Monday 13 May 2013

It's A Balloon Kinda Day Round Here

Who puts their hands up for a dip in the red balloon bath? Doesn't it look rather inviting, or like me to you see 100 ginormous Jaffa's. Do you know what a Jaffa is? Apparently not all the world had the same sweet childhood I did, I had to roll down to the 22nd line of Google image search to find something barely resembling the Jaffa I talk of, and even then it was a nut encased in a very thin Jaffa shell. Here is a link in case you don't know what a Jaffa is, farm7.staticflickr.com/6202/6107894800_0cd62ef0c9_z.jpg enjoy :) This display of balloons was found in a gallery of window art found in the underground shopping arcade that lies under Flinders Street in Melbourne. The art changes reasonably regularly and is quite fascinating, some pieces unusual but all making you stop and question something in life. Fascinating is one word to describe what is on show. I remember when I first saw the red balloons, I thought it was like the red balloon in The Red Balloon had finally found all his friends and it was the happiest moment in a long time. http://vimeo.com/56413807 This is one beautiful film and I'm very happy to link it in for you. May all your days be as bright as the one pictured above.

SUGARBEE XX   13/05/13

No comments:

Post a Comment