Monday 6 May 2013

The Dream Machine

Melbourne is a city of street art, it is everywhere and it is celebrated. It is graffiti, it is murals, it is stencil art, and most of all it is creative beauty. It also takes the form of the above image titled Dream Machine. It is advertising a blog I can no longer read the address for, but that does not matter so much for I saw so much beauty in this one image that I have celebrated it for a few years now. The image appears to be child and grandchild riding a train to who knows where and who knows when except themselves and possibly the photographer. Perhaps I love the image for I feel like the little girl whenever I ride trains, there is simply too much to captivate my mind and delight my eyes, a world dancing by, busy, preoccupied and therefore free to view. It is up to me how I interpret what I see, to dress the images in front of me in joy and create adventures for the characters in my play. It reminds me of the day I past a builder loading equipment into this truck, I commented with words I no longer remember, his reply was "No, they might sue me!" and I saw were 1000 Japanese girls named Sumi ran right across the road right in front of me. Imagination is a beautiful thing and given a little encouragement will blossom for you like a tulip field in spring.

SUGARBEE XX   06/05/13

No comments:

Post a Comment