Thursday 23 May 2013

The Towers That Tower

I love this shot because of the colours, the lighting, the angles and the yellow lines that mess up all I see in front of me, yet strangely hold it together at the same time. I guess having two buildings in the photo adds to the impression you get of skyward, a visual effect causing your eyes to naturally climb. This photo was taken around 4.30pm one afternoon recently from Southern Cross Train Station in Melbourne. What if I had taken a photo of the glass building alone against that dynamic sky?  This makes me feel like Batman is hiding out somewhere and if I sit very still; he might just come up and offer me a peanut butter sandwich. Maybe it is the yellow that makes me think of peanut butter, who knows? Did the architect intend for people to visualize interesting things upon seeing the yellow lines? Or was it a case of just making the building stand out? What do the yellow lines make you think of? Are we looking at an office or a residential tower? Would you like this as your address? I wouldn't mind I suppose, having no other details, aside from basic location knowledge. I have no idea of what the building is like inside. Have they put as much thought into the interiors as they did the exterior? Take the yellow away and the building suddenly looks bland and flat. But when all is said and done, I think the balconies on the horizontally stripped building next door look far more inviting so maybe I'll live there instead.

SUGARBEE XX   24/05/13

No comments:

Post a Comment