Sunday 5 May 2013

Dressing Up Around The Nation

In a shop across the ocean lies a window full of mystic, full of joyous laughter and delight selling apple pies on the side. Well the apple pie thing is my take on the matter, but even so in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, a few wee eons ago I took this photos and have forever since delighted in the story it is telling. Firstly let's clear up any confusion and admit this is two photos stitched together and the two parts represent either side of the doorway into a fantastic full of surprises dressing wonderful shop. I have always called my photo "The children from the city and their cousins from the country." It was made possible by the simply fabulous mind who dressed the shop window, and that someone was someone with style, an understanding of colour arrangement and the fierceness to stand tall in their work and tell the world this is how they feel today and that is all there is to the matter. Now for the sad part of the story, I have no idea which shop it was, I do not hold a memory of seeing the shop since, the display will most certainly have changed and saddest of all, I never ventured inside the store at anytime ever. Imagine all the incredible things I never saw, held between my fingers, or ran into the dressing room to play dress up. Never mind, I have seen plenty of cool since and I am sure there is more to come.

SUGARBEE XX   05/05/13


No comments:

Post a Comment