Thursday 30 May 2013

A Big Red Rose Of Colour

A big red rose of colour, scent, love, joy, beauty and peace. What does a rose mean for you? When were you given your first rose? I was age 12 and Tom, my Nana's friend grew them in his garden, he gave me my first rose. If you have never been given a rose, you can share in my first rose. Close your eyes and imagine the rose, it was red like the one above, not in full bloom yet so it lasted longer, it had been picked from a bush in the front yard and it smelt like heaven, as roses do. Inhale that scent, make the rose you, for imagination is a beautiful thing and I would love for you to have your first rose. Roses come in a range of colours, maybe the scent differs between the varieties of roses, and Wikipedia has an interesting entry on roses, not so much about roses, more about where you find them, in art, film, food etc. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roses. If you Google Roses you get a multitude of business listings for florists and then looking further actual rose information comes up, such as roses have been around for 32 million years, different colours of roses represent different things and the number of roses given relate to the amount you are loved. 1 rose = love at first sight, 36 = I will cherish our romantic moments, 108 = marry me, and 999 = eternal love, ain't that sweet. 

SUGARBEE XX   31/05/13

No comments:

Post a Comment