Wednesday 22 May 2013

It's A Colourful World

This is a colourful wall of painted bricks, a dream wall, a pick a colour for the day and smile when you see that colour throughout the day wall, a wall that might tell a thousand tales if it could, a wall of wonder and from memory it was a decent sized painted part of the wall, I think the whole side of a shop, or an office, or a design studio. I spotted it on the way to dinner with friends, I lagged behind to take a photo and had to run to catch up, but I am glad I did for I very much like this photo. I suppose you could take a trip to the nearest oversized hardware shop, grab one of each colour paint chart (don't get too involved in the many shades of any one colour) bring them home, cut them to a uniform and small size, shuffle them up and put them in a little box. You will then have your own colour box, where you can reach in and grab a colour and when you see that colour that day, you smile. The way I see this, you suddenly have lots of reasons to smile all day, it will give you more positive associations with the colour than you previously had and it increases awareness of your environment. It is important to be aware and interact with your environment. That is one of the reasons I take photos, I love the details in life. And on that note, the reason I choose not to wear headphones when I am out and about, firstly because I care about my hearing, and secondly I want to hear the sounds around me. I want to see and hear all I can, I want to be part of things, not locked in my own little world, I want to talk to strangers, and hear the birds sing. Ted.com has an excellent talk on how to improve your listening skills http://www.ted.com/talks/julian_treasure_5_ways_to_listen_better.html I hope there is something wonderful in there for you. I'm choosing golden yellow tonight; it is late so I shall smile when I see golden yellow in my dreams.

SUGARBEE XX   23/05/13

No comments:

Post a Comment