Wednesday 24 April 2013

And The Winner Is . . .

And with one well placed move, Europe wins the packaging competition. I love packaging for foods. I often wander around Asian supermarkets in a dream state, making one syllable sounds along the lines of ohhh, ahhh, awww and niceee. No one looks at me strange for I think they feel the same way. The above packets of stock were found in a Greek deli, where the presentation of food is inviting, mouth-watering and abundant. The difference for me between the two kinds of food stores is that one I know what I am looking at and the other I have no idea at all, that and the fact that Greek shops tend to have lots of cheese which is the biggest draw card. But back to the packaging, if you have spare cash flow (lucky you!) buy one item a week based purely on the packaging, with no intention of consuming the product, and display your purchase. After a year your kitchen will resemble something wonderful. The next step is to invite a friend who is a kitchen king / queen and give them full access to your collection, then sit back and wait to be served a most interesting meal. No meat or veges? You best hope you found fried Dace fish or something similar attractive sometime during the year. There will likely be enough food for a few, so a dinner party it is. The alternative is to invite 52 friends to dinner in which they all bring one item chosen only for its packaging. Feel free to send me photos of your evening.

SUGARBEE XX   24/04/13

No comments:

Post a Comment