Friday 30 November 2012

5 Hours On The Lost Side

Take a look, see Time, beautiful precious time, tick, tick tick.  What's a minute mean to you? How about 30 minutes, an hour or more? Sure time is relative, but what if I give you an extra 5 hours today? How would you spend that time? _____________  _____________  ____________ (fill in the blanks with your wonderful mind).  Now imagine you are locked out of your house with nothing but the clothes you are wearing, no watch, shoes, keys, phone, money, pen, paper, bag, anything to read, eat or drink, no access to your car etc etc.  What will you do? That was my fate today and this is how I filled in the hours: meditating in the garden, strolling around the neighbourhood, chatting to strangers, smelling flowers, eating fruit hanging from trees, staying calm, refusing to think about the things I had planned to be doing, making daisy chains, having a wee in the garden and finally finding a place to lay my weary head and dream. 
I am grateful for my long afternoon of forced relaxation, and am awakened to the reality of modern life's need to accessorize itself with lots of lovely useful things have and do.

SUGARBEE XX   30/11/11

No comments:

Post a Comment