Wednesday 14 November 2012

The Tiniest Things


It is often in the details where the sweetest things lay waiting.  Along a city fringe street where houses begin to take prominence over shops, offices, or anything else, someone has thought to stencil a tiny man holding a branch while a rather large bird (if we are not to get hung up about perspective) tweets a merry tune. Maybe a baby’s cradle resting on the ground as Daddy sings his song. And of course me being me, a third option presents itself, I see what I’m sure the artist intended, a pair of boots. The legs apparent because the concept of negative space has been understood and utilized in a way that would thrill any art teacher. “Ah ha, my pupil, she understands me” echoed around the studio walls.

SUGARBEE XX   15/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment