Monday 5 November 2012

Kangaroo Delight

A wee while ago, at a friend’s house for dinner, good times were had.  There was wine, the conversation was fine, and the sun was setting outside. I'll let my friend take the credit for cooking that night, I am a chop and go chef in the kitchen and can't cook meat to save myself, (which is fine for I only eat meat once in a blue moon anyhow). Now if I had an image of a blue moon, the first thing I'd ask would be about the origins of that quirky little saying, once in a blue moon. Instead I have a photo of meat, but what caught my eyes was the humble Kangaroo. Do you see the Kangaroo? I certainly did, I feverishly yelled stop before the last piece was consumed almost knocking the fork out of my friends hand to ensure he saw the Kangaroo too. And yes it was Kangaroo meat but sadly no; it was not Australia day before you ask.
That’s it, plain and simple, a kangaroo on the plate, silent yet loud enough to remind me that life is relative to all things, did I say thanks before I started dinner? And if I cut along the fork line I would suddenly have a rabbit.

SUGARBEE XX   06/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment