Monday 26 November 2012

Tug Tug The Tinfoil Monster

"I am Tug Tug, Tinfoil Monster Elite.  If you can see me, I will send you a whole packet of Norwegian Breakfast Biscuits to munch on and you will gain secret powers. Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom." 
I heard him first, a voice from the ground, initially a low growl, developing into pronounced words delivered with depth and conviction. I turned to face the footpath, I saw him shiny and moving ever so slightly, a kind of shake, a kind of shimmy, an invitation to believe. I made a snap decision. I chose to believe in this low growling, shaking, shimming, tinfoil creature. Bang, like a flash in a pan Tug Tug was real, I snapped him with my camera, looked at my watch, turned and ran, I was late for a date. That was Saturday. On Sunday I opened the front door of my teeny tiny apartment, and waiting on the porch was a whole packet of Norwegian Breakfast Biscuits. I have yet to open them, something is telling me I'm better savouring rather than gobbling this delivery.

SUGARBEE XX   27/11/12

No comments:

Post a Comment