Thursday 13 December 2012

Hi O

Hi O, Hi O, it's off to market we go, at least that's where I was heading when I came across this little mark on the wall. Not that little actually, about a foot high.  It is painted on a fence in a laneway behind my house, for all who pass to see.  It says just what it means and makes me want to learn hi or hello in a different language each day.  And then I wonder how many languages there are out in the world, I wonder how many years it would take to cover one hello per day. Taking into account dialects, I figure many years, even 10 years would not come close.  Do I have the energy to take on this task? I think I will give it a go, whilst being ever grateful for the internet, which I feel is going to make this task far easier.  Alright, wish me luck, I will start with hello in Romanian: Buna (with accent above the a) or Salut.  I will keep a record and post my results in the future sometime.

SUGARBEE XX   14/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment