Sunday 16 December 2012

The Crossing Supervisor

You know how good it is when you see someone proud in their job, smiling all the way, friendly and finding the time to be helpful. It's simply a joy to behold and a joy to brush by. This man is a Crossing Supervisor, known as the Lollipop Man in England.  In New Zealand this roll is reduced to a teacher on crossing duty with a sash and a whistle, and school kids to help.  In New Zealand they get the kids to march out onto the road with flags and stop the traffic.  Thinking about that makes me shudder, and question the way the system is run. I think Australia has this one won by a mile against New Zealand. Some things are just better left to adults. I can't compare with the Lollipop system in England because I haven't observed it for myself, but the very handy and informative Wikipedia came up with the following link and I now have an international (5 countries) understanding of the various ways the system works. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_guard  But when all is said and done, I think it might be a safe bet that this particular Cross Supervisor is the happiest and proudest one of all.

SUGARBEE XX   16/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment