Friday 7 December 2012

The Red Umbrella

The simple things in life add colour to your day, like this big red umbrella. The perfect umbrella. The kind that keeps you dry on a wet day, cool on a hot day, just stepped out of the salon on a windy day. Seeing as I love to travel light I might get a fright if someone gave me such an umbrella, or I might burst into song and dance feeling a lot like Fred Astaire. Who knows what would happen? But from the outside looking in, the image appeals to me completely. We are at the local train station and I have a love affair with trains, it's the excitement of going somewhere, the big engines, the romance, a childhood fantasy never out grown. And it's the colours in the photo that set my heart on fire, the brilliant escaping the heavy dull like a prisoner wrongly accused just set free and then all those straight lines everywhere, which throws my attention straight back to the umbrella, the big red round umbrella.

SUGARBEE XX   08/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment