Sunday 23 December 2012

The Christmas Postie

How much fun is she? This is my local postie, out and about on duty on Christmas Eve, smiling and delivering the mail, keeping the wheels oiled for the rest of us. Yay for Australia Post. Yay for the postie. Yay for three among many reasons, firstly she is working on Christmas Eve, and in doing so ensuring that the many Christmas gifts I mailed will make it to their various destinations on time. Secondly my local postie is working when many cafes have shut their doors and left us coffee junkies hanging, hmmm not happy, never mind there is always at least one cafe open even if it's half a mile away. And thirdly my local postie has jumped into the Christmas spirit with both feet, creating a little piece on magic in my neighbourhood.  Full marks for effort most definitely and a rather large Thank-you! Keeping the mail about the people, this is essentially what it is all about. This reminds me of the long term postie in Onehunga, Auckland, New Zealand who had for many years done his job well, always delivered on time, with personality, and dressed to bring smiles year round, a local icon. Someone a little too uptight in NZ Post decided this was not fitting with their corporate culture and threatened him with unemployment, a very poor state of affairs NZ Post, very poor indeed. Yay for Australia Post and Yay for my local postie (apologies I didn't get your name, but Merry Christmas to you all the same!)

SUGARBEE XX   24/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment