Thursday 13 December 2012

The Bee Mosaic

It's the effort people go to, the point of difference they create, the little things done and designed with the community in mind that can make all the difference. The humble bee, a simple mosaic work in the footpath, there for all who care to stroll over it, around it, stop and look at it. This piece was approximately a foot square, and for those of you unfamiliar with the joy of imperial measurement, a fraction over your 30cm school ruler. But when I grab my tape measure to gauge if a foot is actually anywhere near correct, I find that 20 inches or half a metre is closer to reality. I can hear your minds tick over, "she's doing this by memory" and on that point you would be correct, the photo was taken on a recent trip to Bendigo, the same little town with the Blanket and Doona Machine, Australia, I Love You!

SUGARBEE XX   13/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment