Wednesday 13 March 2013

A Day At The Beach

Bliss, eternal sunshine, clarity, heat, and dreams. Welcome to the beach that seems to stretch for miles uninterrupted and beautiful all at the same time. How far to run? How many cartwheels to turns? How does the sand feel as it slides through your toes? Yes, this is bliss. The beach above is Altona Beach, the last port of call for Zone One train fares, far enough out that you can justify a day trip to the beach and get very excited on the way out there. And let's not forget Altona beach feels like this year round. Okay sure it's less warm in winter, but that's when winter charm weaves its way in and delivers ultra fresh in its place. I couldn't say a bad thing about Altona Beach; I have a place for it in my heart, perhaps because for so long it was the final destination and then mid way point on a number of bike rides I've taken. The feeling of arrived. Walk a few minutes west of the bridge (actual west which is to the right side in the photo) you encounter wave boarders doing their thing all weekend, and perhaps one day I will give this a go, but for now I'm happy arriving here and feeling the sand slide through my toes.

SUGARBEE XX   13/03/13

No comments:

Post a Comment