Monday 18 March 2013

Freight Train Travelling

Coal, rocks, grain, sands, cans, and resources aplenty make their way across the country night and day, in freight cars on trains. Where are they going? How long does the journey take? How many cars in the train? What are all the different things that travel by train? And many more questions I have. Here lay the answers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train#Freight_trains I love trains, I could happy sit and watch them roll by all day every day for at least a year. I'd record every train I saw, with descriptions included, and then of course I would have to find out about the different trains and train lines. I'd be expert at counting the cars, and I would come to recognize any train markings, get to know what type of things were carried in what type of cars or if it was a mix for all, next on the rank filled with a current order of stones, grain, sand or cans etc. And I would dream of stealthily jumping on a car one day and hitching a ride cross country, an adventure taken once but repeated over and over, as long as I had a warm coat, water bottle, a stack of jam sandwiches and a handful of dates. Oh the freedom and the thrill, with scenery rushing by. Simply heaven for a girl like me.

SUGARBEE XX   17/03/13

No comments:

Post a Comment