Sunday 3 March 2013

Feed The Birds

This event always makes me smile. I love nature, and I love little birds, and I especially love the songs they sing in their morning hour. I believe it is around 4 am that birds wake up, before the sun rises, in fact they may just be the earliest risers on earth. So when you see a sparrow like this one cleaning up crumbs mid day, keep in mind for him or her it may well be late afternoon, maybe the last snack of the day. This has me wondering what the routine of the average sparrow is and indeed how different is a sparrows routine from say a pigeon, a tui, or even an emu is. I say appreciate the birds, love the birds, feed the birds but keep it healthy, apparently white bread does nasty things to a birds belly. Enjoy their company but dare to imagine a world with no birds. Designed that way I wonder what would stand in the place of birds, if anything, and I wonder if there were no birds, how that might affect our design, keeping in mind that nature is perfectly built to fit together. Would we have wings? I might like that, born to fly.

SUGARBEE XX   03/03/13

No comments:

Post a Comment