Friday 22 March 2013

Superb Cat Art


I perceive this maybe one of Melbourne's oldest pieces of street art. I have no idea if that is true or not, it is simply that it looks old and old through time and wear, as opposed to looking old through technique. And maybe also because the art is "super super" as opposed to being stylized cool. If you are not familiar with the term super super, fear not, for super super is a term I just created. I often do that, make up phrases and terms to fit things; it is "my little poetry in action." So what do I mean by super super? By that I mean excellent, natural, effortless yet superb, delivered straight from the heavens. On the right side of the photo is an image of the cat in situ (in situation). I invite you to observe the building directly in the front of the photo. How wonderful is that? It's like a gothic statue all grown up, with ghosts hiding and witches brewing and all manner of choas going down. And even though its style period does not match the cat art, it builds nicely on the theory that the cat art might be one of Melbourne's oldest pieces of street art. And whatever the verdict is, it is yet another reason why I Love Melbourne!

SUGARBEE XX   23/03/13

No comments:

Post a Comment