Thursday 10 January 2013

A Thistle Is A Thistle Is A Thistle

Who doesn't love nature? Who is never blown away by nature? I see things I've never seen before almost every day, some of those things I think are new in the world and some of those things are ages old. Take the humble thistle. I had not been in a thistle field before the other week, when out on a bike ride I came across one unexpectedly. Going out on a limb here; it's the Scottish national flower? Yes correct, thanks internet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thistle.  Thistles are beautiful, so vibrant in colour, so inviting to look at. Unfortunately this image does not show the colours as bright as they were, but never mind. In a field you see one thistle, then looking behind, beside and all around, they are everywhere. Tempting to touch, a thistle flower fits into a cupped hand nicely but is sharp, so handle with care and maintain balance because falling forward on this lot is not going to feel good for you or the thistle. Nature changes constantly and what you see today, you may not see tomorrow, grab the chance when you can, because you cannot always take the moment with you either. When I see flowers in the wild, I cannot bear to pick them, preferring to enjoy their beauty as it was intended, right there on its parent plant. Even walking past someone's garden I can't pick the flowers but then I guess that's one reason why we have florists.

SUGARBEE XX   11/01/13

No comments:

Post a Comment