Wednesday 30 January 2013

Tin Toy Fantasia

I think I found the best collection of tin toys for sale via retail in Melbourne. Well not including toy railways, but that is a whole other level right there and one day I will do a toy train feature for toy trains happen to be a big love of mine. But back to the tin toys, in particular the robots. The history of robots is fairly fascinating, and may well hold any child exposed to them in awe for the rest of time.  I still thrill over Metal Mickey, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCgjsspkKy4, Dr Who (the original or course) and then all the fantastic things the Japanese did with robots and monsters, it's enough blow your mind. The shop Souvenirs & Gifts, 300 Flinders St, 9629 4400 contains a display of over a hundred different tin toys, including vehicles, animals and play sets like swings and things. It's a world of wow, where you can easily lose an hour starring in wonder, wanting to play with them all one by one. Each tin toy in this shop has personality, and with so many different styles of tin toys it gets very interesting, very quickly. Funny I feel like a little tin toy myself as I write these words today; maybe I should go and find the perfect perch in my house in case a transformation really does happen.

SUGARBEE XX   31/01/13

No comments:

Post a Comment