Saturday 12 January 2013

Lost In A Childhood Dream

I've always wanted to take a hot air balloon ride and see what I could see. Hot air ballooning is romantic, and I imagine can teach you a thing or two about infinity, it is the stuff dreams are made of let me say this: before the year is out, I will have taken a HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE, somehow, somewhere. (Shhh Sugar Bee, that's a handstand, hello in a different language each day and a HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE you have committed to so far, as they say, watch what you wish for.) Yet in the mean time there is a place I can visit and dream about my dream, a little shop full of fantasy and handmade crafts. This is The Friendship Tree, and what a wonder it is. Greeted by two ladies watching over the kingdom with a sparkle in their eye, proud of their work and joyfully inviting you into a world of felted characters and creatures, tiny toys and gifts, and drawers of supplies to make your own. The detail is carefully crafted on each petite creation, made with love, giving it personality, and for a few moments in time you are lost to childhood dreams. There is something special waiting for everyone at 272 High St, Northcote, Melbourne, so if you are in the neighbourhood . . .  thefriendshiptree.com.au

SUGARBEE XX   13/01/13

No comments:

Post a Comment